Fallen Angels Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallen Angels Academy

We Will Help Your Dueling Skill Bloom From A Seed Into A Beautiful Rose.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» affiliates
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:25 pm by firedragon909

» I want to be tested
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:17 pm by Roxas

» A side hobby
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 pm by AlphaDarkElite777

» ! CrowHogan Room
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:51 am by ERIKFOXX67

» Silent Magician's Deck Lot/Classroom
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 pm by flamvell

Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 pm by Halt_Shadowranger

» My yugioh card ideas
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:10 pm by Jeremiah Castle

» battery deck rate
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:44 am by Jeremiah Castle

» my deck tell me whatcha think?
Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:25 am by jason uchiha

Mixpod

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com">
MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Card Review of the Week! #1

Go down 
+5
Planetshakers1
! CrowHogan
Light,Yagami
stupidcard
SquirtleHero
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SquirtleHero

SquirtleHero

Duel Points : 137

Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Card Review of the Week! #1   Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok so i'm going to start this Academy off right with weekly card review. You guys can then edit something that i missed or you think should be noted but hey lets kick this off with a Personal Favorite of mine.

Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 LightandDarknessDragonSTOR-EN-SR-LE

Ok so this is the Mighty Light and Darkness Dragon, or as i call it Blue-eyes White Dragon gone chaos. Ok so lets look as some of the basics of this card.
Light and Darkness Dragon is a Level 8, LIGHT, Dragon-type monster. He boasts an impressive 2800 Atk and 2400 Def. At first inspection, this guy is already a good card to play, even into todays Meta-game, with low attack scores running the game these days. Due to his Light Attribute, he can use the ever powerful "Honest" and he can eat most monsters that infect the game today. Now these are all very good traits in a monster but where this guy shines, just like most cards in the game, is in his effect.

Lets take a closer inspection of this big fella. The first effect tha you come across is one that is actually something that deterrs some new players from using him. "This card cannot be Special Summoned" This shouldn't make you look down on this guy at all though. While he can be a little Tricky to get out, he makes up for it in the long run. This effect also means that he can be a pain to get back from the Graveyard, but this can be alleviated somewhat with "Pot of Avarice" or he can serve an even better purpose in becoming fodder for powerful chaos monster in "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" and "Chaos Sorcerer."

Now lets look at his second Effect. "While this card is face-up on the field, its Attribute is also treated as DARK." This effect can be a Blessing in disguise. While most of the time you will not get to truly use this effect, it can be used to a big advantage in chaos decks which often have support for both LIGHT and DARK monster. This ability makes this guy even more versitial then he already is, but is often overlooked by most players as it is difficult to truly use this ability to gain any amount of advantage.

Let's look at the third part of his effect. "When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, or the effect of an Effect Monster is activated, that activation is negated and this card loses 500 ATK and DEF." This is where this guy becomes a real hassle to fight. 2800 is already difficult to get over, now try doing it without the help of Spells, Traps, and Effect monster's Effects. Meny players, new and professional alike have problems faceing this effect. Players of the card often watch as their opponent wastes precious resources trying to ware him down so that they can finally destroy him. This effect alone often produces a lot of advantage, and can be a game winner late into a duel when both players are running out of cards and can even change a duel in your favor early game. This effect alone is what made "Light and Darkness Dragon" so sought after a while back. While this card is difficult to face, it can be beaten. a well timed "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness" Can easily destroy "Light and Darkness Dragon" and "Tragodia" can do the same thing.

Now lets look at the final part of his effect. "When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control, and Special Summon that monster." While some players see this as a major loss of cards this effect shines in a few different decks. The one that has received the most help from this effect is the Chaos Dragon as a player wreck their opponents resources, Nuke their field plus their own "Light Pulsar Dragon" To summon up their Boss monster, "Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" This effect requires a bit more thought to use to an advantage but when it does, it is game changing.

All in all, this is a Monster that you don't want to be on the wrong end of. With the ability to stop Rabbit, Inzektor, and Wind-up that alone has earned him a niche in the meta game. So lets give a round of applause for this Boss of a Dragon, the "Light and Darkness Dragon"

Rating: 7/10

Last edited by SquirtleHero on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SquirtleHero

SquirtleHero

Duel Points : 137

PostSubject: Re: Card Review of the Week! #1   Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 am

@Light Ok i like the idea. The following one will be on everybodies favorite Tour Guide

@Stupidcard So you would like for me to include common counters for the cards i review? am i getting that right?
Back to top Go down
stupidcard

Duel Points : 230

PostSubject: Re: Card Review of the Week! #1   Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 am

yes plz and chain disaperrance will be amazing and will go up soon causea heiractic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Review of the Week! #1   Card Review of the Week! #1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Review of the Week! #1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2