Fallen Angels Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallen Angels Academy

We Will Help Your Dueling Skill Bloom From A Seed Into A Beautiful Rose.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» affiliates
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:25 pm by firedragon909

» I want to be tested
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:17 pm by Roxas

» A side hobby
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 pm by AlphaDarkElite777

» ! CrowHogan Room
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:51 am by ERIKFOXX67

» Silent Magician's Deck Lot/Classroom
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 pm by flamvell

Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 pm by Halt_Shadowranger

» My yugioh card ideas
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:10 pm by Jeremiah Castle

» battery deck rate
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:44 am by Jeremiah Castle

» my deck tell me whatcha think?
Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:25 am by jason uchiha

Mixpod

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com">
MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tips on making a deck.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SquirtleHero

SquirtleHero

Duel Points : 137

Tips on making a deck.  Empty
PostSubject: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 am

Ok so today we are going to cover the basics of how to construct a duel ready deck.
Step 1: Ok so the first thing you need to do when you build a deck is to figure out how you are going to win. Will Reduce your opponents life points to Zero by attacking? or by card effects? Will you win with an alternate win condition Like Exodia? Or do you just want to run your opponent out of cards. This is the first step that a lot of new players dont recognize, but everybody does it when they build a deck.

Step 2: The next step in building your deck is a Theme. This is where you take that first step and apply it. For example, The win condition we are going to use for our example is "Reduce my opponent's Life Points to zero by attacking." And while that might be a great start to building a deck, How are you going to achieve that? That is your theme. How are you going to achieve that win condition. Are you going to just attack recklessly, or are you going to control your opponent's every move and attack when they are open? There are endless themes for a deck.

Step 3: Centering your deck is your next step. During this, you begin to pick your cards to achieve your Win condition. This is where you apply your theme. Again we will use an Example. For our example we will use Beatdown. Now that we have our theme, lets pick some cards, let's Say Blackwings. This Archetype has powerful Swarming, or Special Summoning, Capabilities. This will help us reduce those life points.
But wait!? Which cards should i use. There are so meny to pick from!
1a. The first thing you should do when picking your cards is to look at their playability. How easy are they to summon? Can it be summoned by an effect? Can this card be played at anytime? What are it's conditions to be played? Can they be met easily? That should be the first thing you look at in a card.
2a.The next thing you look at is does the card have Psynergy. In otherward, does the card work with the other card you are using. You wouldn't run Gladiator Beasts with Lightsworns. Why? because Gladiators like to have thier monsters in the deck while Lightsworns like to have theirs in the Graveyard. They just don't work together, so why play them together.
3a. The last thing you shold look for in a card is it's attack and defence. While it doesn't have a lot of influence on a card in the meta game, as most of the monsters are below 2400 Atk, it still has an influence. This only applies for the selection of monster but remember that here are times where you will not have access to your effects and must rely on brute strength.

Step 4. Ok now that we got our basis, lets look at the first rule of building a deck, Remembering card count. Try to keep your deck as close to 40 as possible. This will allow you to have a better chance of drawing what you need when you need it. Now that we have that out of the way, Let's build a deck! Our example for our deck is once agian going to be Blackwings. Lets start with a skeleton of the deck. Here, your going to pick you most useful cards, which will function as the Core of your deck. Core cards are often Limited or Semi-limited, due to the powerful nature of the cards. Check the spoiler below
Deck Skeleton:

Ok now that we have our Core, lets begin to add in some support cards. These will often be cards which benifit the deck, within the particular set of cards you are looking at. For instance, All Blackwing monsters are The DARK-Attribute, which allows us to play Allure of Darkness to let us Draw 2 cards and speed up our deck. Take a look for cards to support the cards you have considered your Core.

Deck Skeleton 2:

Notice all the cards we just added that help support that main Core of cards. But if you notice, We only have 22 cards for our deck which leaves us plenty of room to add in cards. So the next thing you should add in is Stapels. These are cards that work well in just about every deck and give you big advantage or allows you to set up powerful plays. Your Staple Cards are: Monster Reborn, Mystical Space Typhoon, Heavy Storm, Dark Hole, Book of Moon, Mirror Force, Solemn Judgement, Solemn Warning, and Torrential Tribute. Lets see what our deck looks like now!

Deck Skeleton 3:
Now it's Starting to look like a deck! With those powerful cards, you can turn the duel in your favor from turn 1. But we also still have 7 cards to play with. At this point we begin to expand outside of our safety zone and into the vast collection of cards. The first thing you should look at is your Semi-Staples. These cards are often cards that are very powerful, just like stapes, but they just don't fit into every deck. Here is a short List of a few of the Semi-Staple.

Thunder King Rai-oh- This guy boasts 1900 Atk, the ability to negate a Special Summon by tributing himself, and prevents adding cards to hand outside of drawing. This guy can stop whole decks on his own but he would work very good in a deck which needs to add cards to their hand like Wind-ups or our Blackwings.

Gorz the Emissary of Darkness-Boasting 2700 Atk and the ability to come out of nowhere aslong as you have no cards. This guy has wreaked havok against everything he has faced ever since he came out. But this guy doesn't work well with decks that require you to have constant cards on the field, like Gravekeepers.

Sangan-This cute little fur-ball only has 1000 Atk but it's his ability which makes him shine. When he is sent from the field to the Graveyard he can add one monster from your deck with 1500 Atk or less to your hand. "Yes, thank you for destroying Sangan and letting me get your demise to my hand. " Even as powerfuld as this effect is, there are some decks which dont' like him. Disaster Dragon is a big one as they only run a few monsters with 1500 Atk or less in their deck and they arn't super important.

Tragoedia- Just like Gorz, this guy has the ability to come out of nowhere. His attack and defence is equal to the number of cards in your hand x600. He can take control of one of your opponents monsters and he can alter his level. He is amazing. Even still, i wouldn't play this guy in a deck like T.G. Stun, since his attack and defence are determined by his effect.

Pot of Duality- Also know as Pot of Consistacy. This card allows you to look at the top three cards of your deck and PICK which one you want to add to your hand. The only draw back, you can only activate 1 per turn and you cannot Special Summon the turn you use it.

Pot of Avarice- Who doesn't like there cards. Now who wants a chance to see them again and Draw 2 at the same time. Pot of Avarice allows you to select 5 cards in your graveyard, return them to the deck, and draw 2. But even still, this card shouldn't be run in decks like Lightsworn or Gladiator Beasts which don't have any psynergy with these Archetypes.

While there are meny more out there. Let's return to our deck. Now that we have expanded outside of our safety zone, we have found cards we like and think will work with the deck. Let's look at it now!

Deck Skeleton 4:

Congradulations! Now you just add in your Extra Deck and you will have constructed your first duel ready deck but there are a few tips you should be aware of when building a deck.
First, this is just a rough build on a deck. Not all decks use this meny Monsters, Spell, and Traps. As a rough basis though, most players play between 18 and 22 Monsters, 8 and 12 Spells, and 6 and 10 Traps but this is not set in stone. The are decks that play 35 monsters and some decks that use 25 Traps.It's just a matter of your deck and preferance, You should also always play with an Extra Deck of 15. Even if you cannot make the monsters with your Deck, you never know when you are going to use a Monster Reborn to summon your opponent's Tuner or Capture theirs with a Mind Control.
One other thing is dont worry if you deck doesn't work the first time. Decks are always evolving and changing. If a person says they have a Perfect deck, Slap them in the face because they are either Ignorant or Stupid. There is no such thing as a Perfect deck, even among the Professionals. If it doesn't work, then get up, fix the deck and try again. Keep that in mind and someday maybe you could become a pro yourself.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
AlphaDarkElite777
AlphaDarkElite777

Duel Points : 157

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 pm

just like my article in a way, good job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SquirtleHero

SquirtleHero

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanx Alpha. All i did was mearly look at the few that are up here and edit them along with putting in some more detail. I think thread about making a deck should be in as much detail a possible so that even for somebody who is brand new to the game can make a competitve deck.
Back to top Go down
Iron Mario

Iron Mario

Duel Points : 96

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Excellent tips Squirtle, good job.
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami
Admin
Admin
Light,Yagami

Duel Points : 279

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 pm

^^wat he sed
Back to top Go down
SquirtleHero

SquirtleHero

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:58 pm

THanx guys.^^ Do you guys just like all my reviews and tips?
Back to top Go down
Iron Mario

Iron Mario

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:16 am

Well, I can't talk for everyone in the academy, but I certainly do like them.
You know a lot about the game and how to put it in your comments, so it should be natural that people would also think they are good.
Btw, when is the next card review coming out? Those are pretty cool too Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
SquirtleHero

SquirtleHero

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:16 am

I'm going to be posting the next review tomorrow, to answer your question.
And thanx Iron.^^ I don't know but so much but i do what i can to help everypony, new and old alike succeed and improve themselves at the game. My eventual goal is to hopefully open my own RL Duel academy. While it may seem far fetched it's an idea i hope to accomplish someday.
Back to top Go down
AlphaDarkElite777
AlphaDarkElite777

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:39 am

^ cool beans yo
Back to top Go down
Iron Mario

Iron Mario

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Great Squirlte, I'm looking forward to the review.
And it actually sounds cool to open a RL academy, it would be fun to study at one.
Even if we wouldn't duel as in the anime, I bet there would be as much fun there Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
AlphaDarkElite777
AlphaDarkElite777

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:21 pm

^ agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on making a deck.    Tips on making a deck.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips on making a deck.
Page 1 of 1